A Series of Unfortunate Events

I cannot get away without writing about some crazy things that have happened at our house this week.

First, Dallin lost his 2nd tooth this week. However, the tooth fairy forgot to leave anything under his pillow two nights in a row. It is hard work being a tooth fairy. We had to do some serious convincing that the tooth fairy was really busy. Hopefully, this won't be too damaging.

Second, Dallin was doing some math homework and counting black beans. Elise thought it would be very interesting to stick one of these beans up her nose. I could not get it out and she and Dallin were not very happy with the thought of going to a hospital. I was going to take her to urgent care, but then the thought of paying $120 and showing up at urgent care by myself with 3 kids did not sound like fun. So, I decided to wait until Justin got home to decide. Lucky for us Elise fell asleep. Justin got home and decided to use some tweezers to try and get it out. He did it!! What luck, He did think about using our friends very powerful shopvac. Crazy things.

2 comments:

Giselle said...

I was wondering how the bean situation turned out. You guys were pretty lucky!

Alisha said...

haha I can just imagine the shopvac! Next time, and hopefully there won't be a time time, plug the unstuffed nostril and put your mouth over theirs and give a firm puff. that should shoot out any beans ... or legos or popcorn kernals or beads....yes we've had experience. lol Don't blow your hardest but don't be wimpy.