The kids were so excited that Elise decided to run on the sidelines and Dallin signed up to run a 1K race for kids that was part of the 5K race. Dallin did good, but his shoe fell off in the middle of the race. He wasn't exactly ready to run. But, I was so proud of him that he went back and got his shoe on and finished the race. He was just excited to get a ribbon. What a fun time.
Wahoo my first 5K and Dallin's First 1K!!
I have always loved running, but never challenged myself to do a race. I never thought I was very good. But, my Dad was always a great example to me, since he would run every morning. I decided I wanted to be a good example to my kids and challenge myself to do hard things. So, I dragged everyone out of the bed at 6 am so that we could drive to Lake Tahoe, so that I could run a 5k. My hubby was such a good sport and so were all of the kids. It felt so good to finish the race. It was a hard up hill race, but it felt good to do a hard thing. I remember one of the General Conference talks, a quote I really like is "I can do hard things". This is one of my favorite quotes, so it felt good to do something hard.
The kids were so excited that Elise decided to run on the sidelines and Dallin signed up to run a 1K race for kids that was part of the 5K race. Dallin did good, but his shoe fell off in the middle of the race. He wasn't exactly ready to run. But, I was so proud of him that he went back and got his shoe on and finished the race. He was just excited to get a ribbon. What a fun time.
The kids were so excited that Elise decided to run on the sidelines and Dallin signed up to run a 1K race for kids that was part of the 5K race. Dallin did good, but his shoe fell off in the middle of the race. He wasn't exactly ready to run. But, I was so proud of him that he went back and got his shoe on and finished the race. He was just excited to get a ribbon. What a fun time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Way to go Jocelyn.
I am super proud of you! Races are the best high ever! Cute picture of you, I love after race pictures-they look so tough! Way to go Dallin!
Post a Comment