
Summer Reading Program
I thought this was a really good idea. I am doing a really simplified version of this girls idea. She had the idea of putting Summer cut outs all over the wall and having the kids pick one off the wall when they read a book. They get a certain amount of points behind each shape. I did this with regular shapes. We went to the library and got tons of books that are Dallin's level, and books that Elise likes. Elise is working on her hooked on phonics. Each time the kids read a book they pick a shape off the wall and stick it on their bedroom door. When they get a certain number of points they can redeem them for something. It has worked great and for the kids to have fun reading and be working towards a goal. Oh, and Dallin has to read books at his level, not baby books. When they get 500 points they get an ice cream cone from Baskin Robbins, when they get 1000 points they get $5 or ice cream from their favorite place called Yogurt Beach. I liked this idea for the Summer so I just wanted to share. Here is the link http://chickenbabies.blogspot.com/2011/06/summer-reading-charts-2011.html

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment