Who knew 2nd grade could be so much work. I don't know if it is more work for the Mom or the 2nd grader. But, it was fun to get to work with Dallin on this final project. His report was on Siberian Tigers. As soon as he got his animal that he was to do research about, he begged me to take him to the library so that he could check out books. He got a stack of about 7 books and wrote his report all by himself at school. This was right up Dallin's alley, he loves to do research on facts about animals and anything for that matter. He just loves non-fiction books where he can learn as much as he can. I was so proud of him for writing this report. His teacher wrote Dallin a note and told Dallin how proud she was of him, and that she could tell that he did a lot of work and practiced his oral report a whole lot (and he did). He had it memorized! We made this board for his presentation with pictures of the Siberian tiger, and then we made this really cool habitat box it clay and fake snow. I helped Dallin type out his report, and it turned out great. I actually learned a whole lot about Siberian Tigers. Of course, we are so relieved to have this over with. Justin kept on saying, "This is just 2nd grade", but Dallin wanted to do his very best, and of course I love to do too much. It was all worth it. Dallin got a S+ on the entire project (the highest grade that you can get). Good Job Dallin for all of your hard work. Now, we get to see what 3rd grade has to offer. Dallin was very excited to finish 2nd grade and he got an S+ in every single subject. What a smart guy. We're definately ready for Summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment