On Wednesday October 17th at 7:00 p.m. my water broke. I was planning on getting induced on Friday October 19th and so my parents would be here. Now my plans were messed up and I had to quickly find someone to watch our kids as we went to the hospital. Good thing we have such good friends so close. The Tolman's let the kids sleep at their house. So, we went to the hospital only to wait a few more hours to see if my water would break even more. I had a blood clot and Group B strep so, there were a few complications. Finally they gave me antibiotics and almost didn't give me an epidural since I had taken blood thinning medecine that day. I was a little scared to do this without an epidural, But, the anesthesiologist decided that it would be OK to give me an epidural. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea, because the epidural didn't even work and it put me in more pain than when I was in labor because I think the anesthesiologist pinched a nerve. But, once it was over, the pain was gone and we are just happy to have our little Sophie girl healthy and strong. Sophie was born on Thursday October 18th at 5:58 a.m. We've waited a long time for her and she is such a good little baby girl. So far she sleeps all of the time and doesn't cry much. The kids love to hold her and we love to watch her when she is awake as she looks around.

1 comment:
I just happened to get online today and thought I'd check a few blogs which I never really do anymore- I'm so glad I did! So glad I got to see beautiful Sophie in all her perfect newness! Congratulations you deserve another beautiful healthy baby because you are such a wonderful mom! I'm so happy for you, hope we can meet this little one soon! :)
Post a Comment