Hello Utah








We arrived in Utah on May 31, 2008. The drive was super long and we barely missed a tornado that hit Nebraska. But we made it safe and sound. Now Justin is busy studying for the Bar exam so I am busy keeping Dallin and Elise busy. Dallin is in swimming lessons every day. That is fun. But, we still find the days to be long.
We started doing an activity with each letter every day. Elise loves to use glue and Dallin loves to do art projects. It has been pretty fun.
We have been going to Thanksgiving Point where Dallin and Elise love to visit Farm Country. They love feeding the chickens and goats but most of all they love the pony rides. We just went to Dairy Days last Friday where Dallin and Elise made homemade ice cream and butter. It was pretty exciting. So, that is what we have been doing in Utah. Dallin asked me the other day, "Mommy how do you make friends?" I was a little sad but I am glad that he wants to find friends. In Iowa we didn't really need to do much more than step outside of our house and Dallin always had someone to play with. So we are adjusting, hopefully, we will soon be settled down for a while.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Jocelyn,
Just wanted to say hi. I'm glad you're doing well. Our baby just arrived last Saturday. Check out our blog at http://pacensarah.blogspot.com

Tori misses Dallin a ton and is very excited at the possibility of seeing him when we visit Utah. I hope all is going well with you guys.

Sarah :D

LCFrohm said...

Hey Jocelyn!
Looks like we'll be joining ya'll in adding three to our family.
CRAZY!
Talk to ya'll!
Lins
www.frohmfamily.blogspot.com

Veronica Reeve said...

How long are you guys going to be in Utah? We should get together. So sad about our dear Iowa, you guys left just in time! Hope you guys get adjusted to your new post-school lives!

Jennifer said...

WE MISS YOU! Live here is not the same without your family next door. I feel like we lost family members when you guys moved. All we had to do was open our door and knock on your's to find a friend. Glad to see photos of the kids. Ava was excited to see your blog! MISS YOU GUYS! xoxo, THE SEGO FAMILY

Anonymous said...

Moving can be so disruptive, can't it? I thought once we moved into a house things would be peachy forever, but we just lost our friends and neighbors to Logan, Utah. The worst part, is that the house next door is a rental, so this is something we will always have to deal with--people coming and going all the time. How long will you be in Utah? Tell Justin good luck studying/taking the Bar.

Sheryl said...

hey! Just came across a card with your blog on it so thought I'd say hi. You must be at parents? When I moved to slc and was a huge 4 yrs old. I wanted to make friends. My mom sent me knocking on doors. I would say my name is sheryl do you have friends for me to play with. A family with no kids had a dog and let me in to play with their huge dog. lots of neighbor kids played with the dog so I met them that way. THus, my best friend sue was met that way and we are still friends today. BUT....don't send dallin knocking on doors. It is a different world! You could go to the park though.

Kari said...

Congratulations guys!! What an accomplishment to have finished law school. So, how long will you be in Utah? That is so cute about Dallin asking how to make friends. We're trying to come out on July 9th for a few days. It'd be fun to catch up. We're also wanting to go to Cali in August for our 10 yr high school reunion. Ahhh, 10 yrs, wow! You guys going??