The Hogle Zoo

Elise was a little scared of this singing elephant.
Dallin and Elise both loved the elephant tusks.
This elephant's name is Kristy and she is pregnant. We learned that elephants are pregnant for 22 months. That is almost two years!!! I would not want to be an elephant. That is a long time to be pregnant.

Dallin chose the Praying Mantis to Ride on at the CarouselWe got to see an owl up close. Pretty Cool!!
Dallin finally worked up the strength to pet the Boa Constrictor.
Dallin got to try his 1st ever giraffe root beer float. Pretty Yummy!!!

I decided to sign Dallin up for a class at the zoo. There was a camouflage class and so Dallin got to learn all about how animals blend in with their habitat. He learned about prey animals and predators. He really loves animals and I thought that the best place to learn about animals is at the Zoo. He had a great time. He even got to pet a Boa Constrictor. We learned a lot. I say "we", because I learned a lot of things that I did not know; like the fact that zebras are born with brown stripes. I think Dallin loved the fact that he got to pet a chinchilla. He loves chinchilla's from watching The kids show "DIEGO". It was really fun and I am glad that we got to do it. Dallin really loves learning so he had a great time. Elise and Nany came up the 2nd day of the class and had fun. Elise loved the elephants and monkeys. She had a great time thanks to Nany. They rode on the carousel and train. It was great!!!

No comments: