I am going to just post some ideas about 72 hour kits for myself and for others, since I have been thinking about this a lot lately. My Mom keeps on having these dreams about having our 72 hour kits ready and our water so I have been doing a little research. I think the first thing I think that would be good to have taped to the wall in our closet is this emergency evacuation list. I think I need to work on getting all of our important documents and pictures in the same plastic tote to grab and go. Here is the link:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AoEjTfXhwMcwdHI2V095ZEdLcXlQblBuS3FtSm1teUE&hl=en#gid=0
Emergency Evacuation Grab and Go List:
Evacuation - 5 min. Floor Location
Wallet or purse
Car/house keys
Cell phone, charger & car charger
Adequate shoes for weather
Prescriptions
Extra contacts or glasses
Medical devices (wheel chair, hearing aid, retainer, etc.)
Laptop or backup disks
CPU (allow time to unplug)
Important documents (should already be in one container)
72 Hour backpacks w/water/food/clothes/toiletries/
family photo CD's/money, etc.
Coat or jacket depending on the weather
Baby bag with extra food/formula
Pet food, water & dish
Pet leash (need this to walk dog or for shelters)
Pet carrier
Evacuation - 30 min. (add these items) Location
Photo albums on CD
Family portraits
Current journals, patriarchal blessing
Case of bottled water
Sleeping bags & pads
Blankets (ready in tote)
Tent (you will want it at an evacuation center)
Extra batteries (ready in tote)
Battery powered TV/radio
Towels
Pillows
More clothes
Toys, activities to keep kids occupied
Kids memory things (keep in tote in room)
Scriptures
Fire extinguisher
Umbrella (keep in car)
1 comment:
look at you! You self reliant girl! Thanks for sharing all of this. Once I'm fully moved in I want to do this!
Post a Comment