Enjoying Any Last Bit of Summer

After having a crazy Summer, I feel like I didn't get to enjoy this Summer as much as I would have liked to . I was pregnant and feeling sick all Summer, and then at the end of the Summer ended up losing the baby. I don't understand why things happen the way they do, but I know things always work out in the Lords time. And so, I want to enjoy any last bit of Summer that I missed out on. In the process I have taken up new hobbies like canning... I have always wanted to try canning, but didn't think I could do this. This year we have been trying to really build up our food storage, and I decided that I wanted more fruit and vegetables in our food storage. I have had a great time canning peaches, pears, blueberry syrup, and salsa. I think I have really enjoyed this new hobby.

It is still warm enough outside to go slip and sliding. One of our favorite Summer activities.




Of course bubbles are one of the best parts of Summer. I found a great recipe to make your own bubbles with 1 cup water 4 Tbs. dishwash soap and 2 Tbs. corn syrup, and I added a little food coloring to give them some color. This was tons of fun.





I always love sewing. I haven't done it for quite some time, so I decided that I wanted to make this skirt for Elise. It was easy and I just love making things.




The best part of doing all these activities at the end of the Summer is that all of the Summer toys are on clearance for 75% off. What fun times.








No comments: