There are some times as a Mom, where I am just so proud to be a Mom and feel such a burst of love for my kiddos. Dallin is learning so much this year. He is growing up so much in one year. I guess that is what school is supposed to do. I love to see how he has developed his artistic abilities. He often says that he likes to do "Abstract painings", I don't think I knew what abstract art was when I was 5 years old. The great part is what Dallin is absorbing. The other day Justin wrote "I (heart ) you" on the chalkboard in our kitchen. I was excited to see message written from my hubby so I told the kids what Daddy had written. Dallin remembered this, because a few days later. Justin and I were so tired and Elise and Jayden were sleeping. We told Dallin that he needed to find something to do while we took a nap. To our surprise when we woke up from our naps Dallin had written us and drawn these great letters. I didn't take a picture of Justin's letters, but I was so impressed that Dallin had done these on his own and he wrote "I (heart) you" just the way that Justin had written it a few days earlier. It was truly a great Mom moment. Nothing is greater than when your child first writes, "I love you" especially for you.

Dallin drew a picture of us picking apples from apple trees.

He also drew a picture of us shopping a t the grocery store.

This says to : Mom, Frum: Dallin.
I will definately treasure these cards forever.
But my great moment doesn't end there. The other day I told Dallin that if he did some extra chores around the house, that I would give him an extra ticket to get 2 toys at the Dollar Store. He was so excited to do more chores around the house. When we got to the Dollar Store Dallin said "I've been thinking about my 2nd toy, I don't really need any more toys, instead, I really want to get something for the kids in Haiti." He didn't want to get something for himself, instead he chose to use his hard earned money that he had worked extra hard for, for the kids in Haiti. This just made me so happy. We have been getting stuff to assemble humanitarian kits for the kids in Haiti, so, Dallin chose without me even hinting, that instead of a prize for himself, he wanted to get some bandaids for our kit that we were sending to the people of Haiti. What a great spirit Dallin has, I really do love this kid so much. It is so great to be a Mom, and to be blessed with these moments where you just realize how special these kids really are. I truly do love being a Mom and watching my kids grow and learn.
1 comment:
Okay, really, I think Kyra and Dallin are kindred spirits. They do the same things. It warms my heart when Kyra helps me. One day, she unloaded the dishwasher all my herself. And she was so proud of herself! love, love, love it!
Post a Comment