So, I decided that I want to remember the bad as well as the good. It is definately hard to keep up with cleaning and laundry when I have so many other things that I want to do. So, I decided to neglect cleaning for one week. I decided I was going to sew and play with my kids for one week. I got a lot of sewing and playing done and it was nice to take a nice break from cleaning. But, after a week I definately needed to go back to cleaning because my laundry room started looking like this....


So, instead of cleaning I got to sew for about a week. It was so fun, much more fun than cleaning. I made this really pink bed spread for Elise's bed. I made Elise a tangled costume, a fall skirt and a new jean skirt. I also made Dallin a Dracula costume and hemmed up some of his pants that really needed work. I think I want to do a sewing week every now and then.

Elise got this really fun ballerina cookbook from the library. We decided to test out some things from her cookbook. She loves ballet and cooking. I just love the fun things that we can find at the library.

Elise and Jayden love to play doctor and nurse. They want me to lay on the couch while they check my heartbeat. This doctor costume is my favorite thing that I have ever bought for my kiddos; Dallin loved this, Elise loved this and now Jayden loves it.

Jayden got a new bike for his birthday. He is such a bike lover. He has ridden his bike all the way to the park a few times, and just loves this bike. I just love watching him on his little bike.

I really want Dallin to handle money better. He has a hard time saving money, he loves to spend money. I had this idea with jars. We have a little piggy bank, but the money would get lost, so I thought jars would work better because we can actually see the money. So, now when Dallin gets paid. He gets paid in dollars and change. We give him points for specific jobs that he does. When he gets paid he has to seperate his money 10 % for tithing, 10% for mission and the rest in his spending jar. When he gets $25 in the mission jar we will deposit this in his bank account. Finally, we have figured out a simple system to make money and Dallin enjoys doing jobs and likes to do an extra good job, because he gets an extra point for doing an extra good job.
No comments:
Post a Comment