Dallin's Baptism

My computer hasn't been working that great. But, I have to write about Dallin's baptism. It was actually a crazy experience for me, but a wonderful experience for Dallin. What I would give to be a kid again and see the world in a childlike way.

On the day of Dallin's baptism, he was baptized at 6 p.m. This was quite late for the little ones. We didn't have much time to eat dinner before, because everyone was staying in different places. Then when we got to the church there was a lot of baptism's this day. So, we had to have Dallin's meeting in the high council room. It was nice to have a lot of friends and family there, but the room was too small and we didn't have a piano, and the kids were not very happy being in such a tight space. I was surprised that we could actually go through the program. But, when it was all said and done, it was done. Dallin was baptized and received the holy ghost which was the most important part.

Dallin wrote in his journal the next day, "I just got baptized and it was the best day of my life. I felt a warm feeling after I came out of the water." This made it all worth it.

I am so happy for Dallin, he has been looking forward to this day for so long. It is so nice that he didn't remember the craziness of the day, but he remembered the feeling that he got when he came out of the water. Now, I hope that he will make good choices. It is scary to watch your kids grow up.

No comments: