Sad to say, but this is our last day of Summer before our Summer vacation is over and the kids get to go back to school. I have a long list of things to post about things we did over the past few weeks, but I just wanted to write down my thoughts.
Today I told the kids that we could go to the pool for the last time. The kids all decided that they would rather stay home today and play with friends.
Dallin got to mow the lawn for the first time and he loved it. Then the kids had fun helping me re stain the swing set. Then the kids played as I finished folding laundry.
I stopped to think for a little while, and couldn't help but think that even though many fun memories can be made away from home, the most important memories are the ones made at home.
I guess that my favorite part of Summer is that I can be a kid again with my own kids and remember what fun times I had during my Summers growing up, and remember that I enjoyed being at home during the Summer just as much as any outings that we might have done.
I kind of wanted to attempt writing a poem about Summer. I like to read the blog called The Power of Moms, and I saw the idea of writing a poem to capture your thoughts. So here it goes:
SUMMER THROUGH THE EYES OF A CHILD
I love to feel the sizzling touch on my bare feet
Or the rocks as they claw at my toes.
I love the sweet smell of flowers and dirt as they tickle my nose.
I love to ride my bike with my arms raised up high,
And feel the wind as it rushes by.
I love the Popsicles and sticky fruit that touch my fingers
And fill my tummy with such delight.
I love the feeling of cold water as it pierces my body
In the hot afternoon sun,
And floating under the waves as I have some fun.
I love to gaze up at the sky and imagine the clouds
As an elephant or a funny shaped gun.
Best of all I just love the laughter and joy that the Summer brings,
With all the things there are to do,
I'm sure it is always Summer in heaven. aren't you?
No comments:
Post a Comment