My life the past year has been one of the craziest years of my life. Somehow I am getting things put together and I feel like myself again. So, since my blog is kind of like a journal of our family I really want to catch up that is what I intend to do.
I read a quote in a book that I found at my hubby's house. I was rummaging through books and I found a "Richard Paul Evans Quote Book" , this book used to belong to Justin's Mom. It has some amazing quotes, but one that I read to my kids the other day said, "It is easier to keep up than to catch up." I find that to be so true, and so that is what motivates me each day. The fact that I don't want to have to catch up later on because I haven't kept up. Dallin agreed with me, and so we work each day to keep up with school work, housework, scripture study, anything that we don't want to fall behind on.
However, I have neglected my blogging, and so I have to suffer the drudgery of catching up. I decided that for the rest of the month of November, I am going to post every day, with something that I am thankful for this year in order to catch up on blogging. I loved a quote that a brother from our ward read in Sacrament meeting,( I really need to get it from him). But, the main idea was that the month of November is a time year where we can truly focus on what we HAVE and what we're thankful for rather than on what we wish to get next month. It's sad that the true meaning of Christmas is being fizzled out and we focus so much on receiving rather than on being thankful for what the Lord has given us. So, I am determined to focus on what I am thankful for this month, because I have been so very blessed. Here goes my first post on Gratitude....
GRATITUDE POST NUMBER ONE
I have to start out with Dallin's Birthday since that is about where I left off. I am so grateful for Dallin. This past year Dallin turned 9 years old and it hit me really hard that in 9 years he will be going on a mission.
Dallin is an amazing older brother. He especially loves Sophie and I am so thankful for all of his help.
Dallin also started Flag Football this year. It was so fun to watch him working so hard. He is a great kid.
This year Dallin decided to do homeschool. I have always wanted to homeschool, but felt very inadequate. Last year Dallin told me that he really wanted to spend more time with our family and that he was getting to stressed out with all of the tests that he was taking at school. I was feeling sad for him and feeling that I needed to do something different with our family, and so.... I took the leap of faith into homeschooling. I truly believe that I had no idea what I was doing, but as I prayed more and more ideas came into my mind. It was so amazing to see how everything unfolded. It has been so hard learning how to homeschool for all of us. But, I feel so blessed that Dallin is here to help me. He pretty much learned how to teach himself from the beginning. There are days that seem to drag on forever, but he just seems to know what to do. I truly believe that the Lord gives us the kids that we have for a reason, and that they come to us in the order that the Lord would have them come. I truly believe that the Lord sent me Dallin first to help me in raising a family and in all that I do. I feel very blessed that the Lord sent me Dallin to help me on this journey through life.
No comments:
Post a Comment