Wrong Roads

Today I decided to do something a little different.  I have been thinking a lot about this Mormon Message that I watched on www.lds.org.   I have been thinking about how sometimes the Lord allows us to make wrong choices so that we can turn around and get back on the right path.

I find this to be true in many things in life.  Sometimes the Lord wants us to be able to distinguish the good from the bad.  I'm grateful for my agency and the gift that the Lord has given me to choose.

This year I chose to spend 24 hours a day with all of my kiddos.  It was a crazy thing to do, and sometimes I feel like this was a crazy idea; but then we get to do such fun things together, and I get to watch my kids learn and grow, and I am thankful that I made this choice.  Here are some choices that I am glad that I have made, and some that I wish I would have never made this year...
I am so thankful that I chose to marry Justin.  He helps me, loves our kids and makes up for the things that I am lacking.  He works hard for our family and allows me to fulfill my dreams.  He steps up when I am to scared to step up, and I just don't know what I'd do without him.

I'm so thankful to have this little girl.  She helps us all stay on track.  The other day while Dallin was complaining about something being too hard to remember.  Elise gave him some advice.  She said, "When I need help memorizing something I sing it."  That was a happy moment for me to watch the kids help eachother in their learning.

I love this little boy.  He is such a hard worker.  He definately has extreme amounts of energy, but he has a strong desire to choose the right.  He wants to be a missionary, and everywhere we go he will ask people if they are a member of the "True Church".  

I'm so glad that we made the choice to have this little girl.  Our lives would be so sad without her.  She is crazy, but so much fun.  Here she is trying to do my elliptical.  

I'm so glad that I have gotten to spend time with this kiddo.  He grows by the minute.  Last year I felt like we weren't getting to spend as much time together, but now I feel that we can talk and talk for hours, and I just love developing a better relationship with this kiddo.  


Making a piñata with my kiddos was a very, very bad choice.  It made the biggest mess ever, and we had glue in all of our hair.  Sophie was walking in paper mache, and it was so stressful for me.  I promised myself I will never do this again.  The kids of course said, "This is the most fun I have ever had!"  We are going to have a party at the end of the year and break the piñata though. 

Getting a hamster was another very, very bad choice.  It stinks really bad, and the kids don't like to play with him.  Don't think we'll do that ever again.

Going places with all of these guys and spending lots of time with them was a very, very good choice.  We have been to the Pumpkin Patch, the airport, and the Planetarium on field trips so far, and I just love going places and learning new things with them.  






No comments: