FAMILY

"The family is central to the Creator’s plan for the eternal destiny of His children.”    (from "The Proclamation to the World on the Family")

 
 
This is the second reason that we decided to do what we do.  I love my family.  I loved my kids before I had them.  I remember travelling all over Europe and looking for books that I would share with my kids someday.  I bought things in college that I would share with my kids someday.  I thought about them all of the time and was so excited to be a Mom.  It truly is my greatest joy and where I find my purpose.  With my kids gone at school all day,  I felt that our family was missing out on so many experiences together.  Now that my oldest is almost 12,  I can honestly say that time flies and why not enjoy it with the ones
 
we love the most.

Many say,  "I could never spend all day with my kids".  "They drive me crazy".  Well,  the truth is, they probably drive teachers crazy too.  So,  why not learn to love our kids and to deal with them just as teachers do.  We also have the benefit that we love our kids and I'm sure we love our kids more than their teachers do.  Also,  we have the opportunity to receive personal revelation for each of our kids.  Teachers don't have this.  We can guide our kids with the Lord's help and learn to deal with them. 

I believe that we as parents are responsible for training our children.  If we turn our children over to others to train them,  then we are missing out on a lot. 

I have learned to love my kids and my family in ways that I never knew possible.  I have learned to experience life with my kids.  If we feel like going for bike rides,  we do it. We read together, discuss together, learn together, cook together and have such a fun time.  I would be so sad if I had missed out on these opportunities and experiences.  Nothing brings me more joy than to watch my kids learn and grow.  I really feel that I am creating a bit of "Heaven on Earth". 
I LOOOOVEEE This quote and have adopted this as one of my motto's.  This is the second reason why I homeschool.(to be continued)

No comments: