Oops! They don't make stroller like they used to!


We were on our way home from a walk this evening, with Dallin and Elise in the stroller and Justin pushing. Both kids were eager to "go fast," and Justin complied. The problem is, the stroller didn't. The front wheel fell off, and the stroller flipped up in the air and landed upside down with the kids inside! It was the most terrifying moment of our lives (with the exceptions of a few other crazy Dallin moments). Justin grabbed the stroller and turned it back over, with both kids screaming and blood gushing out of Dallins mouth, nose, and forehead. Elise was hysterical too, but not bleeding. As it turns out, she was buckled in and never made contact with the sidewalk. As you can see, Dallin took the brunt of the injuries. He was not buckled in and hit the sidewalk face first. Poor kid. He was a trooper though, and as of this post is sleeping soundly. And no, none of his teeth are missing, thank goodness!!!

6 comments:

Street Fam said...

Poor kid! That looks pretty bad. Tell him Will and Sunny hope he feels better soon.

Clint said...

Get Well Soon Dallin!! Way to be strong like your Dad!

Unknown said...

Dallin,

We are sorry you got hurt. I am glad you did not need stitches. One time, when I was little, I was riding a bike and crashed. I had stitches in my head and chin. I know the pain will go away quickly.

We love you. Nanny felt something was wrong and was calling to see if you were okay.

Love, Nanny and Papa

Anonymous said...

Are we feeling better now?

Veronica Reeve said...

That is the sadest little picture! Poor Dallin! Did his glasses survive?

Kari said...

OH, that is so sad! What tough kids!!