GETTING OVER THE HUMP

There come times in our lives when we are trying to climb a hill that
seems endless.  However,  I am a firm believer that all hills
can be climbed and that we can do anything that we set our hearts on.

Of course,  with the Lord's help. 

 Today I read an amazing book to my kids
about an amazing lady that I don't think many of us know about.
(I really like these books by Demi,  they have great messages)

In this book it tells the story of Joan of Arc. (This was during the 100 years war) It is said that she had an angel appear to her that told her what she must do to free her country of France from the mean rulers of England.  France eventually was freed because of Joan of Arc.

She became invincible with the Lord's help,  however,  there came a time when she stopped listening to "The Voices from heaven"  as she called them,  and started listening to the King.  Then,  she stopped hearing these "voices from heaven" and was soon defeated and burned to death.  

It is a sad story,  I learned that when we listen to the Lord He strengthens us.  When we start listening to "men" "others"  and let fear overcome us,  then we stop hearing those voices from the Lord.

I loved this story,  and it taught me to not be overcome by fear,  but allow my initial feelings from the Lord to lead me.  Like Joan of Arc,  I too can become invincible.

This is what I mean by getting over the hump.

There are patterns in life,  and in history that if we learn the lessons that they teach can be applied to our lives.

We all have humps,  history has humps.  In order for us to get onto higher ground  we have to overcome obstacles.  Sometimes,  these obstacles seem too hard to climb,  but if we keep on pushing and seeking the Lord's help,  we too can get onto higher ground.

If we turn around,  we will go back only too find that the Lord has another hill for us to climb.  This is how He teaches us hill by hill.  Eventually,  we need to realize that until we climb that hill, that we will never be able to make it to the other side.  
WE CAN DO IT!!!

No comments: