I was scanning through the books at the BYU bookstore and this book jumped out and caught my eye. It seemed like a great Summer book to read to my kids, and it was...
I just love it when we finish a book and the kids beg for another book like that book. We try to make it a family goal to put the little kids to bed and then with the older kids we read scriptures and a family book most nights. So far it's been great. But, we do stay up late sometimes, which we need to fix.
Anyway, the memories are amazing. Something about all the late nights waiting for the suspense of what will happen next is just amazing. When you watch a movie you watch and it is done in 2 hours. A book lingers on for a long time and gives us a chance to talk and dream and imagine together.
During this book, I told my kids...I wish that we could have a Summer cottage in a place like they describe in this book. They all agreed.
We also had some amazing rabbit trails, one day we read about the Bull run in Spain and quickly looked it up on the ipad. We were able to watch some interesting videos. Rabbit trails are a huge part of learning and making connections, and it makes learning fun and exciting.
What a great book!! As we finished this book, I realized our Summer was ending as well, and was a little sad that another Summer has come and gone.

No comments:
Post a Comment