Our Great Camping Adventure


It all started when Dallin was chosen by his Kindergarten teacher to be the STAR STUDENT!! Dallin got to bring home the class mascot, "Jungle Joe"( a stufffed teddy bear). It was perfect because our ward was having a camp-out at Bucks Lake that week-end. So, we set out with "Joe" and all of our stuff for our first camping adventure with 3 kids. It was so beautifuland we had a great time roasting marshmallows and exploring.
Until night came and someone came around the campsite warning us about bears. They told us that there were a lot of Bears in these mountains, so we needed to make sure we didn't leave any food out. Justin said bears really like babies and are attracted to their cry. Well, I went to bed quite scared. Sure enough Jayden woke up in the middle of the night crying. I hurried and tried to do anything to keep him quiet. I hurried and fixed him a bottle and rocked him. As I was doing this I heard some branches crackling right outside our tent and the sound of a grunting BEAR!!! I was so scared. I couldn't believe it. Thank goodness that I can pray and feel safe. I prayed really hard that night. I am proud to say that we survived and had a great time, and even went canoeing the next day. It was so fun and "Joe" had a great time. However, I don't think that I want to go camping for a while. Maybe next year...







2 comments:

Ron and Rachelle said...

Looks like fun, I can't believe the bear! Scary, I bet you didn't sleep much that night! Your baby is almost one! It was fun chatting with you...thanks for being a nice friend...maybe we will both end up in ND someday!

Street Fam said...

SCARY! I am a bit afraid of camping due to BEARS! Glad you were safe.